Welcome to The Katherine & Charles Hover Green Houses! The Green House Project® offers a radically new, national model for long-term care that returns control, dignity and well-being to elders, their families and direct care staff. A place where quality of care and quality of life work in tandem!
Take a tour through the award-winning Katherine & Charles Hover Green Houses.
- Award-Winning 24-Hour Skilled Care dedicated to creating a Real Home environment
- 4 Homes consisting of a 12 person household focused on personal choices
- $12,300 is inclusive of all care and services
- All private suites with full private baths, individual heating/cooling
- Electric beds and in-room personal lifts
- Fully furnished with options for personalization
- Home-cooked meals served with family style dining, 24 hour access
- Personal Laundry Services
- Outdoor Amenities: lit walkways, covered patios, gated courtyards
- Enriched Staffing - Family atmosphere with quality caregivers
- Hospice, Palliative and End-of-Life Care
- On site therapy services
- Transportation included - wheelchair accessible
- No Buy-In necessary!
- A Green House Project® Community
- Medicaid/Medicare Licensed
- We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate and will take affirmative action to ensure against discrimination in employment, and our hiring practices on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
- We do not discriminate in our admission practices, on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
The physical environment of each Green House is designed to be a real home. The innovative GreenHouse model moves from an institutional concept that serves the administrators, to a residential model that nurtures up to 12 elders in each home.
Green House homes fit within the current regulatory and reimbursement structures, and are thus able to nurture people of all abilities, disabilities and financial circumstances. Each home is reflective of those in the surrounding community and is chracterised by elements that are "warm, smart and green." Smart technology is used in the Green House model to create a comfortable and safe environment.
The interior materials, colors and furnishings project a sense of belonging for those living and working in the home. The elders private bedrooms allow ample sunlight and have easy acces to a common hearth, with a living room, open kitchen and dining area.
A green environment is one that supports growth thorugh meaningful interactions with life-enhancing natural resources, such as plants, natural light and therapeutic outdoor spaces.
Based upon "the conviction that we need a new framework around which to organize the experience of those who protect, sustain, and nurture our elders", the innovative organizational structure in the Green House model challenges the traditional nursing home hierarchy to create environments that empower elders and those who are closest to them.
The direct-care providers function within self-managed work teams to provide the day-to-day care for the elders and act as managers of the home.
These individuals called Shahbazim, partner with nurses and other clinical team members to create an empowered clinical care team of excellence.
The Green House model is person-directed, relationship-based care. The model embraces elderhood as an opportunity for continued growth and development. The Green House model creates an environment in which individual needs are met, because each person is deeply known and valued as creative, resourceful, and whole.
Skilled care in Longmont with the award-winning national model for long-term care that returns control to elders and their families! Not just any nursing home, or like any other retirement communities you have ever seen!